Specialty insurance company is seeking a Business Analyst who will be responsible for performing client needs analysis, identifying client business processes and creating requirements documents. The Business Analyst will also configure systems, design processes, and provide solutions consulting and recommendations for systems enhancements. This position acts as a liaison between technical and non-technical staff to ensure all deliverables meet the client’s business needs and Old Republic Title’s highest standards. The Business Analyst will collaborate with colleagues to drive best practices across the organization and build and maintain relationships with clients through various channels, including face to face.
Responsible for Business Analysis deliverables as assigned; including but not limited to
- The creation and delivery of requirements planning documentation, features and function specifications, business process design, and recommendations on scope.
- Document and analyze required information and data.
- Communicate project status to management, and elevate project concerns to appropriate internal project sponsors.
- Elicit Functional Requirements through various communication channels, including face-to-face.
- Identify and document system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Accountable for certain project deliverables and documents as well as project outcomes and quality.
- Successfully complete systems configuration in cloud-based business software applications.
- Provide recommendations on process optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer-centric attitude.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
- At a minimum, the ability to work from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST Monday through Friday.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Skilled with technologies such as, but are not limited, to: Salesforce, Tableau, Visio, Jira, Marketing Automation, Cloud Solutions.
- Accountable for certain project deliverables and documents to be presented to project team.
- Six Sigma/Lean process improvement experience preferred.
- Ensure deliverables meet technical requirements as well as client expectations.
- Demonstrate understanding of how various issues effect the overall outcome of projects
- Manage and maintain a collaborative working relationship with clients and consistently deliver high-quality services.
- Help to ensure project(s) achieve their intended results. Bring forward recommendations on projects to achieve even greater results.
- Track and report project status to internal delivery and management teams.
- Consistently write business correspondence that is professional, thoughtful, effective, and grammatically correct.
- Improvement to and maintenance of Business Analysis Practice Area process and templates.
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Overnight business travel by air and/or automobile, may be required ~ 20% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required regularly.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to: Amanda Anderson
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.