The Business Project Manager has the influence and is empowered to make decisions on items that affect, scope and budgets related to projects in the Corporate Operations department. The Business Project Manager is responsible for delivering quality solutions by understanding project needs and effectively managing projects to successful results and outcomes. The Business Project Manager provides project management and leadership by:
- Building a strong delivery-focused relationship with the executive and delivery team.
- Being experienced in leading projects in a complex environment.
- Having detailed knowledge of the project and business objectives.
- Understanding the audience that the solution will be engaging.
- Helping define the features needed to engage the audiences and meet project and business objectives.
- Communicating a phased approach to iteratively deliver the solution within project schedule and budget.
- Accountable for overall project budget, schedule and scope across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Identification and communication of project risks and roadblocks, with creative solutions to accomplish project and business objectives regardless of changing circumstances.
- Explain proposed solutions by articulating approach and strategy as it directly relates to meeting project and business objectives.
- Identify skills and team needed to design, build, and deliver a comprehensive solution, including vendors and staff within and outside the organization.
- Confirm definition of ongoing anchors back to engagement objectives and success metrics.
- Understand the intended audiences for the solution, purpose of engaging these audiences, and validate against objectives and success metrics.
- Lead team collaboration to understand project requirements and translate those requirements into clear and comprehensive user stories.
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders (consultants, employees, management) proactively throughout the project, including communicating difficult, sensitive, or confidential information tactfully.
- Advocate for sustainable use of project management processes and reporting structures in department and in cross-training opportunities across the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer-centric attitude.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
- At a minimum, the ability to work from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST Monday through Friday.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Four-year college degree with an emphasis on business and/or technology.
- Three to five years of relevant project management experience, preferably with Salesforce (CRM), website development, process improvement and/or cloud-based application rollouts.
- Proficient in project management software as well as Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel).
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies, especially leadership and management of flexible scope.
- Ability to manage both waterfall and agile projects effectively.
- Current Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or ability to obtain within first 90 days of employment.
- Drives the momentum of the project forward and ensures all project deliverables are accurate and provide consultative options and recommendations.
- Provide future-looking solutions and recommendations based on forthcoming Business releases.
- Lead project closure and “lessons learned” debrief process.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Keep current on new technologies as they relate to cloud-based business applications and general application development.
- Must have good writing, spelling, and grammar skills, as well as good speaking and presentation skills.
- Overnight business travel by air and/or automobile, may be required ~ 20% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to: Amanda Anderson
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.