Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for an Advisory Title Officer in our Concord, CA office.
Knowledge And Skills/Technology Used:
- Reviews all classes of title searches including difficult title orders such as insurance of commercial leaseholds, trust indentures, contracts, operating agreements and other highly involved property interests. Act in an advisory capacity; decisions regularly involve resolving unique and complex situations. Reconciles title problems and accepts responsibility for loss claim investigation.
- Analyzes records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, plat and map books, and property surveys to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property and completeness of records.
- Analyzes the effect of probate, foreclosures, building court cases, and bankruptcy proceedings on title insurance.
- Review and approve a variety of documentation including deeds, operating agreements, trusts, wills, affidavits of heirships, corporate resolutions, partnership agreements, and state filed Articles of Incorporation and Articles of Organization.
- Selects appropriate write-ups for commitments and policies for both standard and extended coverage
- Forms and maintains business partnerships with clientele. May participate in business development activities to maintain existing clients and acquire new clients and attend customer visits with sales personnel and/or provide formal training/classes.
- Uses technical bulletins and other resources to evaluate and resolve problems.
- May price commitments, endorsements, policies and guarantees using predetermined schedule of fees and charges.
- Provide underwriting interpretation within established guidelines.
- Works seamlessly with underwriting, escrow, clients and other title personal.
- Assists in the review and filing of maps.
- Through experience, has encountered a wide range of issues and situations and has demonstrated mastery of skills.
- Familiar with all aspects of title work.
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment to handle all aspects of title support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements and job number for the position to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.