Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for a Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer in our Minneapolis, MN office. This position develops and unit tests new enhancements and/or systems. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems. Creates or updates supporting systems documentation and prepares the build for the new system (or current system) changes to be promoted to production for ongoing operation. Investigates and identifies systems changes or new applications required. Analyzes and corrects reported systems performance problems and documents any changes made.
- Performs systems and/or programming duties for requests that have been approved by the release board. Has overall programming responsibility for designated applications as assigned.
- Develops program logic from detailed specifications. Prepares detail specifications from which programs will be written.
- Prepares or aids in the preparation of test data. Tests, debugs and documents programs.
- Evaluates and modifies existing programs when system requirements or equipment configurations are changed. Ensures that changes are tested and documentation is brought up-to-date.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as defined in the Information Services Policies and Procedures manual.
- Assists in determining the causes of computer malfunction.
- Maintains a detailed account of activities as required.
- Must be able to work during core hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Competent in most phases of computer programming.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3-7 years of development experience with C#/VB.NET, .NET Framework, and ASP.NET
- Excellent experience with MS SQL Server 2005 or higher.
- Understands most of the software currently installed on the systems.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Experience with TFS/GIT source code maintenance
- Development experience with .NET Core
- Development experience with Angular
- Overnight business travel by air and/or automobile, is required less than 10% of the time.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.