Our Minneapolis location is looking to fill a Commercial Closing Assistant position in our downtown office. Incredible customer service skills along with good oral and written skills are a must. In this position you will be working on various commercial transactions and will have a great deal of client interaction. This position will offer the right person the opportunity to learn and grow in our industry with future advancement possible.
This position reviews and analyzes purchase agreements, title commitment and closing instructions in order to assist the Commercial Closer by preparing the file for closing. Prepares for real estate closings with borrowers and sellers and their representatives, disburses funds, records documents, returns closing packages to lenders and is responsible for the proper accounting of all the funds.
- Three to five years previous experience in production or closing in title insurance environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
Physical/ Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Must have working knowledge of title insurance principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Generally a desk job in standard office environment.
- Ability to concentrate on detail 100% of the time.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 1-3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.