Commercial Title Officers assist in clearing title defects, liens and encumbrances required for the closing of complex commercial real estate transactions as well as producing the final related title insurance policies and endorsements. Commercial Title Officers work in a collaborative team environment with escrow officers and underwriting counsel. A successful candidate will have experience with title insurance and real estate closing procedures.
- Review the title commitment and inform all parties of conditions for closing. As needed, title officer should be prepared to advise on procedures to clear title requirements.
- Review and comply with closing instructions and prepare/submit documents for recording.
- Field heavy volume of phone calls and emails responding in a professional and clear manner. The ability to convey complex title matters into laymen’s terms is imperative.
- Work within company’s set underwriting procedures and guidelines to mitigate risk in issuing title insurance policies.
- Work in a collaborative environment as a problem solver and member of the commercial team.
- Excellent customer service
- Organize and prioritize several projects simultaneously
- In-depth knowledge of title insurance requirements and title search procedures
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer and Internet skills
- Proficiency with title search and abstracting software
- Regular attendance
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Ability to work overtime as requested by supervisor
- Acceptance of supervision
- Ability to get along with others in the workplace
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks with a great deal of accuracy with minimal time and/or incomplete information
- Must be able to work hours to help meet the needs of the customer
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements and job number for the position to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.