Escrow assistant with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Duties include assisting the Escrow Officer in preparing files for closing; order title work, taxes, HOA documents, payoffs and any documentation needed for the file; prepare and send commitments to buyers and lenders; prepare closing disclosures; answer phone calls and emails when Escrow Officer is not available; funding and shipping of files after closing.
- Knowledge of Ramquest, Outlook and all MS Office Apps a plus.
- Verify tax certificates are complete and accurate.
- Verifies legal description matches the description in commitment and on survey.
- Obtains payoffs and any invoices that will appear on settlement statement.
- Assists closer in preparing settlement statement.
- Requests permission from lender for authorization to fund; receipts in monies; balances file; disburses funds; and sends out payoffs.
- File all documents to be recorded in appropriate counties and/or state.
- Prepares pro-forma policy and final policy and sends to appropriate parties.
- Places file in audit order and prepares file for scanning.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Ability to work from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
1 - 3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.