Processes and responsible for pre-closing matters on each file; makes sure tax certificates and surveys are in file; orders payoffs; makes sure any authorization documents are in file; verifies legal description with commitments and surveys; receipts funds for closing, disburses funds, records documents if applicable, and puts file in audit order for Post Closing Department
- Verify tax certificates are complete and accurate.
- Verifies legal description matches the description in commitment and on survey.
- Obtains payoffs and any invoices that will appear on settlement statement.
- Assists closer in preparing Closing Disclosure/ALTA Settlement statement and HUD’s.
- Requests permission from lender for authorization to fund; receipts in monies; balances file; disburses funds; and sends out payoffs.
- File all documents to be recorded in appropriate counties and/or state if applicable.
- Places file in audit order and prepares file for scanning.
- Regular consistent attendance is required and could include after hour Company events.
- Acceptance of supervision; Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work the regular scheduled hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Minimum one year experience as an escrow assistant.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills required.
- Must be able to work under pressure of deadlines and get along with others, e.g., peers, supervisors, external customers, vendors and internal customers.
- Accurate typing and computer proficiency required.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, with aptitude for performing mathematical and accounting functions.
- Must have a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to maintain a courteous, business-like composure in both the office and social/marketing situations.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.