Train to process and be responsible for pre-closing matters on each file; make sure tax and mortgage inspection certificates, invoices are in the file; order payoffs; makes sure any authorization documents are in file; verifies legal description with commitments and mortgage inspection certificates/or provided surveys; receipts funds for closing, disburses funds, prepares documents, records documents, and puts file in audit order.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Assist the Residential Escrow Closer/s in all duties for pre-closing, closing and post-closing matters on each file. This is including but not limited to the following; greeting customers, answering phones, order entry, processing, typing of documents, shipping and filing of record-able instruments.
- Verify tax certificates are complete and accurate.
- Verify legal description matches the description in the commitment and on the mortgage inspection certificate/or provided survey.
- Obtains payoffs and any invoices that will appear on the settlement statement.
- Assist closer in preparing documents and settlements statement.
- Request permission from lender for authorization to fund; receipts in monies; balances file; disburses funds; and sends out payoffs.
- File all documents to be recorded in appropriate counties and/or state.
- Places file in audit order and prepares file for scanning.
- Ability to work Scheduled office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees, and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimal travel possible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
1 - 3 years
Regular, Full Time
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.