Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for an Escrow Officer in our Austin, TX office. This position reviews and analyzes Earnest Money Contracts, title commitment and closing instructions in order to determine the most effective and efficient means to professionally perform real estate closings. Conducts real estate closings with borrowers and sellers and their representative, disburses funds, records documents, returns closing packages to lenders and is responsible for the proper accounting of all the funds.
- Responsible for the management including accuracy and completeness of work product of their assigned Escrow Assistant, if any.
- Manages workflow of their assigned Escrow Assistant, as required, in order to confirm all necessary documents are in the file prior to closing.
- Independently develops unique and effective strategies to retain current customers, so that they become repeat customers.
- Manages closing transaction from start to conclusion.
- Reviews and signs title commitments, decides how to cure any title problems and how to comply with any specific instructions.
- Communicates with builder, real estate agent, mortgage company, etc. regarding specific closing instructions and other title company requirements.
- Determines how to prepares settlement statement in accordance with the terms of the Earnest Money Contract, lender's closing instructions and applicable federal and state rules and regulations. Prepares settlement statement accordingly. Reviews instructions as to requirements for funding.
- Responsible for conducting a professional closing
- Must be able to independently make time-sensitive choices in matters that have a significant financial impact on the Company during the closing process.
- Must be able to professionally and diplomatically handle and resolve any complaints or disputes surrounding the entire closing transaction.
- Educate customers on specific title insurance terminology, procedures and regulations.
- Marketing at functions to promote the Company and communicating with Sales/Marketing Representatives to establish customer needs as necessary.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required that could include after hour Company events that involving customers entertainment and educational events.
- Acceptance of supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work from 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Requires aptitude for figures and accounting functions, must have strong organizational skills, and be detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex federal and state rules and regulations applicable to the title insurance industry and communicate same to real estate agents, lenders and builders.
- If required by law must be able to meet the criteria and be licensed by the State.
- High School Diploma required, some college is ideal
- 1 - 3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.