This role is part of a team that processes multi-state payroll for roughly 3,000 employees on a bi-weekly basis. The primary objective of this role is to provide support for payroll processing related activities such as voluntary and involuntary deductions, federal and state tax research, review and entry, balancing and reconciling payroll reports, processing wage garnishments, entering hires, status changes, terminations and day-to-day data entry.
- Maintain accuracy of all employee data in payroll and time-tracking system
- Enter hires, status changes, terminations, tax and direct deposit changes
- Process wage garnishments
- Assist with reconciliation of time cards prior to payroll processing
- Prepare, audit and distribute payroll reports and accounts
- Research tax issues
- Document and update procedures
- Must be able to work as a team player and adapt to change
- Complete special projects and assignments as directed by the Payroll Manager
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events
- Ability to accept supervision
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships
- Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- 2+ years of payroll experience
- Experience with ADP Enterprise and ADP eTime preferred
- FPC/CPP designation preferred
- Associates degree preferred
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 15 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
1 - 3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.