The Recovery Administrator and Legal Assistant will support the Recovery Department with tasks assigned by the Recovery Manager, as well as administer minor and medium level recovery files and provide administrative assistance, as directed, to Claims Counsel in the Westbury, NY CLD Filed Office.
- Process and coordinate recovery checks;
- Process and complete transferring claim files to recovery;
- Manage minor and medium liability recovery files, as assigned;
- Investigate and obtain necessary information to administer recovery files;
- Coordinate efforts with attorneys in handling recovery matters;
- Determine recovery possibilities for claims with losses;
- Assist with satisfaction, release and payoff requests;
- Communicate with Finance to coordinate placement of bookable assets onto master policy;
- Communicate with Finance to coordinate placing salvage balances on all bookable assets;
- Open, sort, and distribute recovery claims related mail and faxes;
- Open, or assist in opening, incoming claims as directed;
- Prepare and send out claims acknowledgement letters as directed;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Recovery supervisor and manager;
- Ability to work from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday;
- Must be a personable, positive, and professional representative of the Company;
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events;
- Ability to accept supervision;
- Ability to foster, develop, and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships;
- Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors;
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees, and customers by email, phone and in person;
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Graduate with minimum one year post high school training;
- Accurate typing of 50-60 wpm;
- Must be proficient on computers; Word and Excel experience required.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Must have ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects;
- Must be detailed with good organization skills;
- Must have ability to meet deadlines and deal with high volume workload.
- Dependable attendance and punctuality;
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with customers by telephone and in written communication;
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible with interruptions throughout the work day;
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with other employees and corporate legal members;
- Ability to offer help and support in other areas as needed;
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required;
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime by supervisor.
1 - 3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.