Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available for a Senior General Ledger Accountant in our downtown Minneapolis, MN office.
Position assists with the monthly general ledger closing, reporting, and reconcilement process. This includes responsibility for review and approval of journal entries and other sources of input into the EPICOR General Ledger System, assisting in maintaining the General Ledger System, Cash System, Regular Journal Voucher System, Asset Management System, and Accounts Payable System. Prepare annual personal property tax returns, quarterly and annual Form 9 schedules, quarterly SEC-1 schedules, monthly balance sheet account reconcilement’s, etc. Assist field location personnel with accounting questions, system changes and requirements, etc.
- Assist with the review and approval of journal voucher input from the field locations. This includes reviewing journal entries and other input documents for clerical accuracy, proper use of general ledger accounts, and logging the financial documents before they are input into the general ledger system.
- Approve financial input documents, investigating and resolve problems, coordinating changes with field personnel, prepare correcting entries, etc. Look for ways to automate this process either by direct system feeds or using excel spreadsheet uploads.
- Upload automated journal entries into the general ledger. This includes reviewing the journal entries, checking the detail transactions to the supporting reports, approving the entries and posting in the general ledger system.
- Post entries in the EPICOR general ledger system. This includes reviewing and posting all financial transactions in the EPICOR General Ledger and marking posted entries in the various journal control logs.
- Prepare various elimination entries, revenue deduction entries, regional allocations and other miscellaneous adjusting entries.
- Assist in maintaining the General Ledger System and Helmsman financial reporting system. This includes assigning general ledger accounts and center codes, maintaining calendars, non-financial data, bank account and note reference numbers, bucket and roll-up changes in Helmsman, etc.
- Assist in the reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts. This includes investigating and resolving open items, analyzing allocations and accruals, coordinating adjustments, etc.
- Assist with various allocations and accruals (i.e. corporate insurance).
- Update and maintain ORNTIC-WTG trial balance with-in the ORNTIC overall trial balance.
- Prepare monthly G/L Transaction and G/L Balance Download files in web tools. Run monthly general ledger, trial balance, cash in banks reports and copy to archive directory.
- Identify and coordinate with Corporate Information Services on ways to increase automation to expedite the monthly closing process.
- Prepare annual personal property tax filings, process tax payments and answer internal and external questions on the return.
- Assist with the input and maintenance of the Asset Management System. This includes set up of new locations; input of property codes; monitoring asset additions, disposals, and transfers; preparing the monthly system reconcilement, etc.
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial statements, SEC-1 schedules and various analyses.
- Assist in preparing schedules for the quarterly and annual Form 9.
- Assist in preparing various year-end audit schedules.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by manager.
- Four-year accounting degree with minimum of two years of accounting experience.
- Spreadsheet and database computer skills.
- At a minimum, the ability to work during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Must be able to work extended hours as duties demand, especially in conjunction with monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to: Carey Falk and Chad Preble
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.