The Client Systems Analyst provides advance technical expertise in the analysis, development, testing, advanced support and systems management of the desktop and mobile environments, include assisting in defining company-standards for hardware and software technologies for desktops, notebook, tablets, mobile devices and printers. Duties also include network connectivity support, device security activities, device and software configuration, software distribution and advanced testing of all solutions.
This position will assist in the development and use methods, techniques, diagnostic tools or criteria to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex PC/LAN related hardware, software, operating systems and network problems. Performs analysis of business needs and assesses technical alternatives to determine their impact on the systems environment. Develops plans to provide configuration, installation and implementation of new or modified PC/LAN related hardware, software, applications or operating systems to meet company requirements and updates/writes supporting documentation. Understands security and compliance requirements for supported area and assesses changes for risk to the environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides advanced technical expertise in support of the business and other areas of IT in troubleshooting complex issues, providing technical documentation for troubleshooting the desktop and mobility environments
- Partners with various business units and suppliers to determine the best hardware and software solutions that meet our business needs, understanding features and functionality, comparing products, cost and licensing options
- Determine configuration/reconfiguration options for the installation of hardware and software, including workstations, mobile devices, Wyse terminals and printers
- Provides solutions to resolve end user problems, and increase efficiencies, continuously improve the end user experience, leveraging standards for maintaining and enhancing all aspect of the client life cycle. Including, but not limited to: client selection, imaging, patching, virus protection, installation, deployment, asset management, monitoring and upgrade of software and hardware facilities as it relates to the end user experience
- Performing system backups/recoveries
- Define and create the installation process, integration, testing, and deployment of software and system configurations for Operating Systems, business applications, desktop applications, systems configurations, security solutions and other customization for the desktop and mobile environments
- Work collaboratively with other IT professionals to analyze and resolve issues, getting to root cause of issues and identifying permanent resolution
- Create and update workstation images, defining system standard configurations, identify needed system patching and system drivers, and deployment of security related patches
- Manage and maintain mobility solutions, providing a secure environment for our mobile workforce
- Assist users in use of AV equipment for presentations and video conferences
- Provide after-hours weekday and weekend coverage as needed
- Builds close, effective working relationships with peer group, end users, associates, and suppliers at all levels and support continuous evolution of the organization to a seamless support services unit across all disciplines
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or equivalent 3+ years relevant experience
- Advanced technical knowledge of Windows 10 operating systems, Microsoft Office software and how they integrate to other applications, and the Installation and maintenance of desktop applications
- Must have a technical apptitude and experience working in a end user or customer service support role and have the ability to resolve support requests with minimal direction and the ability to resolve problems desk side and remotely as required for a large enterprise environment
- Expertise with portable devices (i.e, iPhone, iPad, 3G/4G Cellular Network Cards)
- Experience with installation, support, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and peripheral devices (Scanners, Printers, etc.)
- Experience in Wireless technology, TCP/IP and networking concepts including DNS, DHCP, FTP and VPN
- System Deployment and Systems Management knowledge. Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Domain Services (such as Print, DHCP, DNS) and network connectivity in support of a large enterprise.
- Proficient with PC hardware repair and can troubleshoot/resolve software and operating system issues. The ability to setup, configure and rebuild workstations
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, problem-solving expertise, and multi-tasking abilities
- Understanding of patch management for Microsoft as well as third party software
- Experience with client life cycle management, asset management, deployment, and support tools
- Demonstrate ability to target critical business problems and apply appropriate technology/methodologies to resolve
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and work with discretion
- Proven ability to take initiative; proactive and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written, strong customer and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal improvement of business and technical skills, including the ability to learn and apply new technologies and techniques
- Ability to work flexible hours and provide off-hours support as necessary
- Travel (may include Air travel) Requirement 15%
- Must be able to lift technology related equipment such as PC’s, printers, scanners and monitors
- 3-5 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.