Search public records and examine titles to determine legal condition of primarily residential and some commercial property title. Copy or summarize recorded documents which affect the condition of title to the property. Works independently and uses experience to examine title to real property, ranging in complexity, to determine status and establish chain of title. Builds base of experience with different types of property. Projects undertaken can range from simple parcels requiring a few hours of production time to commercial properties that may take days or even weeks to complete.
- Performs title examination and examines the chain of title for a wide range of title orders, primarily commercial/residential
- Abstracts and analyzes records, such as leases, subleases, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, property taxes and plot and map books. Determines ownership and legal restrictions to verify legal description of property and completeness of records that may cross county lines.
- Resolves most issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
- Prepares initial title commitment documentation based on the application of procedural guidelines
- Prepares and reviews reports for accuracy
- May provide underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail / quality orientation
- Analytical review skills
- Research skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service orientation
- Standard MS skill set
- Proficient with company operating systems
- Knowledge of legal terms helpful
3 - 5 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.