We have an opportunity for a Title Officer with outstanding customer service skills. You will assist clients and consumers with questions ranging from simple to complex, in a fast-paced environment. Also reviewing recorded instruments and closing packages for their effect on real property, and the writing of preliminary reports and title insurance policies, assuring items are in compliance with company guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve recording packages and title insurance policies and endorsements of specialized coverage.
- Verify property tax information is complete, reported correctly and covered with closing instructions.
- Confirm the required buyer, seller and/or lender instructions are in compliance with company policies and practices.
- Attest that all items from title reports, general index matters, and office notes are included in the policy package.
- Determine document requirements for recordation, removal of exceptions from reports and policies and the needed documentation needed for the issuance of various title insurance products for specific risk coverage.
- Develop a positive relationship with escrow and title staff, while supporting research projects, resolution of title issues, and the recording and examination units.
- 3 to 5 years of title or related real estate experience
- Knowledge of real property computer database programs in order to compile accurate title information abstracts from systems such as Data Trace, Data Tree, Lot Book and Grantor/Grantee Indices.
- Familiarity with title insurance practices, real estate law and Washington Land Title Association guidelines relating to the issuance of preliminary reports and title insurance policies.
- Background with title insurance products and the types of coverage included in such products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform under extreme time constraints.
- Available for reoccurring overtime.
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Title Officer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Real estate: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements and job number for the position to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.