Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for a Treasury Analyst in our Minneapolis, MN office. This position is responsible for monitoring corporate/escrow bank balances, bank service charges and short-term investment programs. This role will also assist the Assistant Treasurer by reviewing summary bank relationship reports, reviewing bank agreements/documentation, accomplishing miscellaneous treasury analysis projects and monitoring the treasury operation's financial controls.
- Responsible for accumulating bank statements and analysis statements for both depository and escrow accounts. Analyze both the amount of balances maintained and the banking service volumes/costs incurred. Make recommendations to the Assistant Treasurer as appropriate.
- Review bank agreements, bank account documents and bank service documents. Resolve all questions with the bank and/or internal corporate departments and make recommendations to the Assistant Treasurer. Monitor company bank accounts for compliance with the Company Bank Policy.
- Monitor the short-term investment of both corporate and escrow cash to maximize investment return opportunities within the Company's stated risk parameters. Review monthly reports, ensure accuracy and make changes or recommend changes to the Assistant Treasurer as appropriate.
- On an ongoing basis, review the financial controls utilized for treasury operations workflow at all Company locations. Report any questions or concerns and make recommendations to the Assistant Treasurer.
- Review all Treasury Services on all bank accounts to ensure service is needed and if so, bank fee is in line. Monitor changes in bank services and bank fees. Resolve questions with the bank and pass needed information to company locations.
- Maintain, review and renew maturing securities for state deposit held by the bank. Monitor fees and income for each state.
- Review monthly note report and report findings to Assistant Treasurer. Contact assigned rep about missed payments and pending note maturities. Prepare maturity notice letter to agent.
- Company contact/Security administrator for various online banking products for locations. Create/reset users IDs, set up services for users, order and log bank tokens and plan mass transition updates to websites.
- Monitor and review current and potential bank ratings using various rating agencies. Prepare quarterly bank rate report for Assistant Treasurer and Treasurer.
- Support the Assistant Treasurer by performing other miscellaneous banking and treasury analysis projects as requested.
- Resolve check printing, MICR print and other check processing problems.
- Work with Cash Expeditor and Assistant Treasurer to complete semi-annual Treasurer Report.
- Act as back-up support to the Cash Expeditor. Verify and release ACH and wire transfers as necessary.
- Annually prepare 1099 interest paid information for distribution to the IRS and each borrower.
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Post high school diploma is required; a college degree is preferred. At least one year of experience using banking/treasury operations/investment principles is required; three years or more is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with bank processing functions, bank cash management products, bank account analysis statements, corporate cash management systems/procedures, short-term investment products, internal financial controls for treasury operations and principles of corporate accounting are all preferred.
- Requires experience in a multi-task environment requiring objectives to be accomplished quickly and accurately.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access experience required.
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with many levels of management. Requires the analytical skills necessary to accomplish problems solving tasks.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to perform work accurately is required.
- Ability to concentrate on detail 90% of the time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 1 - 2 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.