Information We May Collect from Claimants or Beneficiaries
If you make a claim under a policy we may collect the following information from you in order to administer the claim:
- Contact information which may include your name, address, e-mail and telephone number(s).
- Policy information including policy number, relationship to the policyholder/insured person, details of policy including insured amount and exceptions, and previous claims.
- Claim details including details giving rise to the claim.
- Criminal record or civil litigation history to prevent or detect fraud.
- Information to prevent or detect financial crime.
- Police reports.
- Your signature.
- If you register on our website or on one of our mobile applications, we collect the personal information you knowingly provide to access certain online services. We may also collect personal information from you indirectly when you browse our website, use one of our mobile applications or access one of our official social media pages. For additional information about what personal information may be collected in these instances, please review the portions of this Notice that reference the use of our website, mobile applications, or social media pages.
Information We May Collect From Others Regarding a Claim
To administer a claim, we may collect the above information from other sources including your agent, attorney or other representative. We may collect information from other parties to the claim, experts, witnesses, and loss adjusters. We may also collect information about you from public records, government agencies and credit agencies when we believe it is necessary for claim administration.